Principal IT Engineer & Consultant
My background is actually from programing world, mostly web development. I started learning html when I was 14 years old and moved on to the server side web programming (PHP, JSP, ASP) not long after that.
My knowledge in networking was as far as configuring ADSL and LAN for counter strike. Then everything turned 180 degree after I completed furtjer education in internetworking. I learned from basic concept of hub and switches, basic dynamic routing RIP and EIGRP.
I truly can say that networking is a vast world of knowledge. I have been doing self study since 2006 and still there are more and more things to learn every day. I completed my first IT certification (CCNA) in 2005 and I have not stopped studying since.
I am dedicating my site to share my experience and journey in learning networking.
Master of Science in InternetworkingUniversity of Technology Sydney
Bachelor of Science in Information TechnologyUniversity of Technology Sydney
Diploma of Computing and Information TechnologyInsearch UTS Sydney
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE# 58228 R&S)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate (JNCIA)
- Certified Wireless Security Professional (CWSP)
- Certified Wireless Analysis Professional (CWAP)
- Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA)
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
2011 - Present
Senior Technical Analyst - Network CommunicationsTHE STAR Entertainment
- Managing network infrastructure and data center for multiple casinos and hotels in NSW and QLD.
- Core switching and firewall using Cisco Nexus and Juniper SRX.
- Configure, troubleshoot and support hundreds of network equipment such as switches, routers and firewall.
2009 - 2010
Systems EngineerGamma Solutions Pty Ltd
- Wireless design, site survey and installation using Cisco Systems and Aruba Networks.
- Design and develop voice picking solution and be able to integrate with different systems.
- Perform pre-sales and support for all wireless deployments in NSW.
2006 - 2008
Systems EngineerHEDLOC Pty Ltd
- Design and deploy secure wireless LAN for enterprises.
- Software and hardware design, installation, configuration, integration and support.
- New technology awareness, research and systems integration.
- Design, testing, deployment and outgoing maintenance of IT Infrastructures.
- Performing hands-on training for enterprise solutions such as Aruba Networks, AirMagnet, Symantec, Shunra and Juniper.